- 1. Introduction : general Diogenes concepts
- 2. Installation guide : how to setup Diogenes on a web server
- 3. User manual : how to use Diogenes from the visitor point of view
- 4. Admin manual : how to create and manage a website with Diogenes
- 5. Root manual : how to manage a Diogenes server
3. User manual
3.1. Access levels
Each page of a Diogenes barrel has a specific permission level associated to it which is one of the following:
- public : the page can be viewed by anyone
- auth : the page can only be viewed by users who have logged in (and hence have an account on the Diogenes server!)
- user : the page can only be viewed by people who are registered as "members" of the current barrel
- admin : the page can can only be viewed by administrators of the current barrel
- root : the page can only be view by toplevel (root) administrators of the Diogenes server
3.2. User preferences
If you have logged in, clicking on Preferences will display a page summarising your preferences. You username and full name are stated on this page.
If you have logged into a native Diogenes account (this is the case unless you this is a customised Diogenes server such as diogenes.polytechnique.org!), you will be given the possibility to change your password.
3.3. Getting help
You can access the Diogenes User Manual (the current document) at any time by clicking the Documentation link.
$Id: page.html,v 1.3 2004/06/09 09:31:38 jeremy.laine Exp $